Pacman game availability for Fedora

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 2 19:41:16 UTC 2014

Fernando Cassia <fcassia <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I forgot to say that yo will have to check about the legality of
> running ROMs on your jurisdiction according to your local legislation.
>
> I´m not a lawyer, but regardless please do not break the law.

Between the unjustness of the law (which puts games at risk of being lost to
history, when five or ten years of protection would be more than enough) and
the fact that Archive.org has been able to post all of MAME 0.151 for months
now without being shut down (see https://archive.org/details/messmame ), I
don't think people should lose sleep over it.