F20 - HP3050 scanning problems

Paul Erickson va7nt at telus.net
Tue Mar 4 16:58:12 UTC 2014

I am having trouble getting F20 to work with the scanning function of my
HP3050. hplip and hp-setup are installed, and the printing function
works fine, but the "Simple scan" and Xsane are not able to see the
scanner. Running hplip-3.14.1.run returns a F20 not supported error,
stating that I can try the F19 files. I have not proceeded with that
option as I am concerned that doing so might cause more problems.

Further google searches have revealed no other information that seems
relevant.

Any suggestions?

cheers, Paul