VEry OT Ruby

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 5 01:30:57 UTC 2014

On 03/04/2014 10:37 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> On 03/04/14 01:58, Tim wrote:
>> Allegedly, on or about 04 March 2014, Roger sent:
>>> Changing ISP is not an option.
>> You don't have to use your ISP's webserver.  In fact, I'd always advise
>> against it.  When you have an independent service, you can have your own
>> domain, and without the extortionate charges that some ISPs demand for
>> that.  Once you have your own domain, you can serve it from anywhere.
>> You can also do your own email from anywhere, keep your own email
>> address forever, and not matter what ISP you use.

Thanks for the info.
They have the domain and are using it with the current ISP.
Surely just signing up with another ISP is just the same as staying with
the current one but with lower cost.

How does one have an independent service? Where can I get comprehensive
info on this or even running without an ISP.
How do I server a CMS web site from another ISP while using the current
one that they will not change from?

Thanks for help
Roger