Thunderbird problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Mar 5 12:35:23 UTC 2014

Thunderbird has stopped providing an indication of activity after I
click on "Get Mail." Normally there is information presented at the
bottom left of the display in what they apparently call the "Status Bar"
where I can see that DNS is working and it connects, etc., to me
essential information. Since late yessterday I find my self clicking on
Get Mail multiple times and nothing seems to happen until a message just
happens to come along?

I don't know if it is a new feature or if I have inadvertently done
something wrong while working on my Thunderbird mail files.

Seamonkey mail still displays that activity, Thunderbird only shows a
useless tally of Unread/Read messages in the status bar. Hopefully it is
just a configuration setting?

This is Fedora 20/64bit, XFCE, Thunderbird 24.3.0, F-20 updated a few
hours ago.

Any help restoring things will be appreciated.

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE