VEry OT Ruby

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Mar 6 00:17:42 UTC 2014

On 03/06/2014 01:50 AM, Tim wrote:
> Allegedly, on or about 05 March 2014, Roger sent:
>> and Uber security protocol is world class which is why they are so
>> strict about the original problem of not allowing Web frameworks and
>> other stuff
> Which doesn't quite gel with them allowing an old version of Ruby, but
> not allowing a newer version.

Absolutely agree, and have questioned why the allow use of known risk
insecure software.
Answer: "Because some clients use it."
They provide CentOS 6.n or  windows server. I thought CentOS auto
installed the latest Ruby, it did on my machine! Go figure!
I suggested running 2 Ruby versions as most of us have done as a matter
of course, for years.

Their logic confuses me.

Roger