Thunderbird problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 6 08:41:28 UTC 2014

On 03/06/14 00:33, g wrote:

> On 03/05/14 18:35, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> Thunderbird has stopped providing an indication of activity after
> > I click on "Get Mail." Normally there is information presented at
> > the bottom left of the display in what they apparently call the
> > "Status Bar" where I can see that DNS is working and it connects,
> > etc., to me essential information. Since late yessterday I find
> > my self clicking on Get Mail multiple times and nothing seems to
> > happen until a message just happens to come along?
>>
>> I don't know if it is a new feature
>
> i do not believe so as i am using 24.3.0, also.
>
> > or if I have inadvertently done something wrong while working on
> > my Thunderbird mail files.
>
> now that could be. ;-)
>
>> Seamonkey mail still displays that activity,
>
> do not know about any monkeys.

I use Seamonkey to print crossword puzzles, path of least resistance,
Evince will not print them from Firefox? Seamonkey just happens to
include an e-mail function so I tried it.

>> This is Fedora 20/64bit, XFCE, Thunderbird 24.3.0, F-20 updated a
>> few hours ago.
>
> what is v/r of install?
>
> mine is;
>
>    thunderbird-24.3.0-2.el6.centos.x86_64

[root at box10 bobg]# thunderbird --version

(process:2767): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
'sys_page_size == 0' failed
  Thunderbird 24.3.0

Whatever that means?

>> Any help restoring things will be appreciated.
>
> well, i hope this does help. :-)

Not much, but I never give up hope.

All I did was delete a bunch of extraneous stuff from "Mail" that I kept
rsyncing between Thunderbird/computers, specifically;

/pop.juno.com
/smart mailboxes

I see no connection there, but obviously something has happened. I
couldn't see anything in "Config" that looked as though it might help.

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE