Gnome is sometimes blurred

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Thu Mar 6 11:46:50 UTC 2014

Around 04:16pm on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 (UK time), antonio wrote:

> Sometimes when I start my laptop (with Intel card) Gnome doesn't start
> as it should, icons are in the wrong position (I mean that the top panel
> is sitting on the right and I get the wheel on the bottom left angle of
> the screen).
> Any idea?? should I file a bug against Gnome??

I can't help that much, but this does happen to me on both my Fedora
20/GNOME desktops quite frequently. So I presume it isn't Intel related.

I currently get round it by logging into a virtual console as root, and
running telinit 3 then telinit 5, which is quicker than rebooting.

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com

 11:40:06 up 32 days, 23:37,  1 user,  load average: 0.07, 0.08, 0.07