f20 lvm - inactive LV

Michal Kopacki mkopacki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:34:22 UTC 2014

  hello,

 This is my first post to that list so hello everyone.

 After a few years break, I've decided to take Fedora on test drive (last Fedora I've seen was something around 11; I use centos/redhat on daily basis) and I must say there are many changes here (good and bad ones). Anyway, below my problem:

 There is this thing with LVM which I can't understand - I did create few VGs and LVs and add them to fstab (as default) but after that strange things started to happen during system boot. It seems that not all LVs are activated during system boot (kind of randomness here). I came to this solution that I need to put all LVs I want to be mounted by default as kernel parameter (ie rd.lvm.lv=rootvg/rootlv).

  I can live with that when it comes to "system" LVs but problem is that I have many "non os" LVs on that machine and putting all of them as a kernel param doesn't seem right.

1. Am I doing something wrong ?
2. Is there new method other than default in fstab ?
3. What for "rd.lvm.lv" is ?

--
regards,
Michal