Bluetooth mouse won't connect

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Sat Mar 8 13:42:04 UTC 2014

"Patrick O'Callaghan" <pocallaghan at gmail.com> writes:

> This is a new install of F20, with all updates applied, using KDE. The
> machine has an Nvidia G630 graphics card and a Bluetooth USB dongle.
>
> Running the default Nouveau video driver, I was able to connect my
> Sondstrom Bluetooth mouse with no trouble. I then installed the Nvidia
> proprietary drivers using akmod, rebooted, and now can't connect to
> the mouse. I get the KDE connection dialogue, the mouse appears as a
> device, I click on Connect and nothing happens.

The mouse appears to be working: Otherwise you couldnĀ“t "click on
Connect".

> Turning the mouse off and on makes no difference, nor does pressing
> the mouse's connection button.
>
> I'm assuming this has something to do with the Nvidia driver, but of
> course that could be completely wrong. Any hints would be appreciated.

The batteries are empty?  Have you tried new ones?

Have you verified that the bluetooth dongle is otherwise working?  Are
there any log file entries, or entries in relevant configuration files,
related to the problem?

You could get a nice trackball and connect it via PS/2.

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)