Fedora 20 alternatives to bluedevil

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sun Mar 9 03:07:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

I will be travelling later this week and I use an old 2G phone to
connect online. The process has worked reasonably well so far but this
is the first time I do not have blueman for company.

I am not very familiar with bluez stacks and stuff like that, so I was
wondering if there is a place I could go to for detailed description
of how to get the bluetooth for my phone working (under DUNS) on the
Fedora 20 side of things. I am happy to use commandline solutions and I
would ideally like to find an alternative to from bluedevil (it
pulls in about 200-300 MB of packages).

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan