F19 Kernel Upgrade/Install Failure - kernel-3.13.5-103.fc19.x86_64

Brian Hanks bhanks at bhanks.net
Sun Mar 9 20:11:17 UTC 2014

I'm again having issues installing a kernel upgrade for my F19 system.
I've actually seen this several times in recent months on both my F19
and F20 systems.  The RPM script seems to fail on the mkinitrd portion.

The rpm transaction hangs.  After a long wait, I kill it and get the
following error:

mkinitrd failed
warning: %posttrans(kernel-3.13.5-103.fc19.x86_64) scriptlet failed,
exit status 1
Non-fatal POSTTRANS scriptlet failure in rpm package
kernel-3.13.5-103.fc19.x86_64

Has anyone else seen this?  Any idea why suddenly after all of these
years kernel upgrades aren't reliable?

Thanks,
Brian