How do I select which monitor kdm will display login on?

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Mon Mar 10 04:14:45 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-09 06:00, Dave Ulrick wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2014, Robin Laing wrote:
>
>> I have a dual monitor, well, one monitor and one projector that I have
>> configured for presentations.  System is using F20.
>>
>> Presently when I start the computer, kdm's login prompt is on the
>> projector  instead of the monitor.  There are no settings in the
>> system settings configuration to select the monitor.
>>
>> The monitor order is selected for ease of use while doing the
>> presentations.  When dragging applications to the presentation, you
>> drag towards the projector screen.
>>
>> Even with the projector powered off, the kdm screen is on the projector.
>
> Have you tried 'GreeterScreen' in /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc? When I was using a
> dual screen arrangement with the 'first' screen being a HDTV in a
> separate room, I used 'GreeterScreen=-1' to force the KDM login prompt
> to the PC monitor. I suggest playing around with GreeterScreen values
> such as -1, 0, and 1 until you find the right one.
>
> Dave

The kdmrc doesn't have a GreeterScreen in it.   I found the position
option and tried to change different options with no success.

As the system is in a remote location, I will try it later but this is a
direction to start.  I will have to test it.

GreeterScreen is not listed in the kdm handbook.

I see that it is in kdmrc on FC20 but not 19.

Thanks for pointing me in a direction.