Slightly OT

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 10 09:35:09 UTC 2014

On 10/03/14 19:31, EGO.II-1 wrote:
> This is what I found when I Google-d it, don't know if you've touched
> on these sites or not. Since I'm not familiar with either of those
> (Angularjs / Laravel) I can't really tell you why you'd be having
> those issues. But hope this helps!...
>
> http://www.dev-metal.com/install-laravel-4-ubuntu-12-04-lts/
>
> http://ayoubbouddount.blogspot.com/2013/11/lynda-up-and-running-with-angularjs-2013.html
>

> EGO II

Thank you for the links
I had worked through both but information in the first is just plain
wrong and the second has no information at all on installing Angular,
sure you can down load it, as I did but there is no clue what to do next.

The comments in the first are absolutely correct. Tutorials are crap and
wrong, information is out of date and wrong, in short nothing works. I
started on a tutorial written mid 2012 and even the first example of 5
lines does not work.
Paths they use are incorrect, commands are left out without explanation.

I got Slim working but without Angular it does not correctly display data.
Golly for modern apps, the whole thing is indeed about 8-10 years behind
Drupal, Django and Rails. From experience to date, I personally could
not recommend it for creating web apps. Time spent on just getting it on
to a machine is days wasted.

They seem to have missed a small point with Laravel.phar. If one cannot
install it on the server in /usr/local/bin/ then you can't use the
application you develop. Saving the file system as a .phar does not
solve this small issue. go figure!

Quite perplexed!
Roger