Music Libraries

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:55:29 UTC 2014

On 11 March 2014 15:44, Mark Haney <mhaney at practichem.com> wrote:
> Agreed. I was not aware that the OP was sight impaired.  The mistake
> was mine, as well as the sincere apology.

Neither was I until he said so.

I am impressed by anyone successfully using GUI-based Linux via a
screenreader. I tried it out, at some length, with my blind-techie
friend Ednun. The results were, well, underwhelming. This is both in
Ubuntu with Orca and with Vinux and Blinux.

Reluctantly, we had to conclude that Windows does far far better
overall and Mac OS X wins on inbuilt facilities - it's just that sadly
these do not extend to, for instance, MS Office for the Mac, which is
not even close in accessibility to MS Office on Windows.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven