security

Dustin Kempter dustink at consistentstate.com
Tue Mar 11 17:30:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

we have a server (CentOS 6.4) running PostgreSQL, recently someone shut the
db down and we want to find out who did this...

I see the db shutdown request in the postgresql log, and I suspect it was
run as root (as a service) because we do not see any relevant shutdown
commands in the postgres user's bash history file

Can someone point me in the right direction per figuring this out, who ran
the command (I suspect it was root)? If so, where did the offending login
come from (I.P.)? etc...

Thanks