fedora 20 login screen

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Mar 13 00:17:03 UTC 2014

On 03/13/14 01:50, Dustin Kempter wrote:
> im trying to config my laptop running fedora 20. in system settings I have installed some themes for the login screen but none of them will show up. it says they are installed on the "get new themes" window but they dont show up. any advice

Yes...   Sounds like you are running KDE and the kdm display manager.  It also sounds like you are running systemsettings as a regular user.

In a terminal window you can run....

sudo systemsettings

or

su -
systemsettings

and it will run under root and the changes will be made.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts