kernel tainted?

Lawrence E Graves lgraves95 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 00:22:29 UTC 2014

On 03/13/2014 05:44 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Lawrence E Graves writes:
>

>> On 03/13/2014 08:44 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>> dmesg | grep -i taint
>> root at JesusChrist ~]# dmesg | grep -i taint
>> [    3.320975] nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.
>> [    3.320980] Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
>> [    3.363461] nvidia: module verification failed: signature and/or
>> required key missing - tainting kernel
>> [r
>> What to do next if this is the readout of the above command.
>
> What to do next, is to send your bug report to Nvidia. They are the
> only one who know what their binary blob does, to the kernel, and are
> the only ones who know how to debug it.

Your would be right if nvidia still supported the nvidia card I have but
thank God for the Fedora team who have gone out of their to support the
nvidia card I have and since it is not causing me any trouble, I am
satisfied. Thank you for your comment and interest in this.

--
All things are workable but don't all things work.
Prov. 3:5 & 6