DNF vs. YUM

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 02:47:24 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 7:44 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com>wrote:

> Making technical decisions for admittingly marketing reasons is, like
> someone else put it, retarded.

Have you thought about the possibility that there is a set of tradeoffs
either way and it is a configurable choice for that reason?

> But nobody should be surprised. I'm not. Wouldn't be the first major
> technical decision that Fedora has made for purely retarded reasons.
> People's exhibit A: systemd.

... and every other distribution that followed including  Arch, Mageia,
openSUSE, Debian, Ubuntu etc were just blind followers with no technical
reasons behind them.  Right?

Rahul