OT: Fujitsu Lifebook T734?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Fri Mar 14 11:25:34 UTC 2014

On 14 Mar 2014 at 10:54, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

From:           	"Patrick O'Callaghan" <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
Date sent:      	Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:54:13 +0000
Subject:        	Re: OT: Fujitsu Lifebook T734?
To:             	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 5:34 AM, Michael D. Setzer II
> <mikes at kuentos.guam.net> wrote:
> > I'm the maintainer of the G4L disk imaging project, and have been
> > contacted by a user that has these machine, but they are freezing on
> > the kernel load process. I build the kernel on Fedora systems, but
> > the kernels are build from the kernel.org code. There isn't a panic
> > or anything, it just stops. Have tried loads of kernel boot options,
> > and various options, for debugging, but nothing has come up to
> > identify what the issue might be? Wondering if someone on the list
> > has any experience with these machines. I don't have physical access
> > to one, so it has been a NY to Guam email exchange for testing.
>
> I haven' t the slightest idea, but I don' t see how people can help if
> you give no information about the machines that fail, nor which
> version of the kernel this is, not how it was compiled, nor what boot
> options you tried.

The process started on the sourceforge site, but as I had stated. It just stops.

http://sourceforge.net/p/g4l/discussion/408762/thread/dd4ae6ef

My Project includes a number of kernels (8) from 3.0.101 thru 3.13.6 the
default, and 3.14-rc6. Have tried booting from CDs and usb. Using version of
Syslinux 4.06, 5.10, and 6.02/3. Have tried with failsafe options. Have tried
Debug option, nosmp, etc. Have tried it without a disk installed, and it still
freezes. Placed the disk in a different system, and it loads fine, and make the
image.

Strangely, the machine does boot with an Pmagic linux disk, but it is an i486
version, and doesn't include the nic.

Was mainly looking to see if someone had some experience with this
machine, and might have figured out a setting or option.

Generally have about 1000 downloads per week of the project, and usually
have very few issues, and generally, can quickly come up with a solution, but
this one is not going well.

User is a Windows person, so it is even more of an issue, and have sent an
request to the vendor, but expect will get a response that machine is only
listed as Windows 7 or 8...

Thanks fro the Time.

> poc
> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     12457970.923526   |   SETI        21208893.683083
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    19360755.880348