All-in-one laser printer recommendation

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 15 15:15:06 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 15 March 2014, Patrick O'Callaghan sent:
> I used to own a Photosmart and it worked fine but I found that despite
> never printing in colour I would still have to replace colour
> cartridges all the time. Clearly a scam IMHO, which is why I decided
> to switch.

I used to have a HP, and a Canon, that both did that.  After the Canon
clogged up, I decided I'd stick with laser printers, only.

It occurred to me, later on, that I probably should have pulled the
colour ink tanks out, soaked them in water overnight, just to keep the
moisture sensor fooled into thinking there was still ink in the tanks.

Inkjets are a huge money waster.  Tiny, expensive, ink tanks.  They dry
out without use.  They go through more than half of their ink in
repetitive cleaning cycles (if you rarely ever print in colour, if you
did print in colour, that proportion would be less, as you'd actually be
using some of that ink).  And you have continual head clogs, some of
which just will not clear.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.