Slow wireless speeds - Fedora 20 - Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260A

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 15 15:32:52 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 14 March 2014, CS DBA sent:
> I have Fedora 20 running on a Thinkpad W540, the wireless works out of
> the box but seems real slow (less than 2mbps)

Basic thing to try first:  Reposition your laptop or the wireless access
point.  You may simply be in a bad reception point, and having a strong
signal doesn't always mean it's a good signal, too (there could be bad
reflections).

Is this your access point, or are you having problems using a public
one?  If it's a public one, the fault may not be yours.  Whether it's
yours, or not, if you are able to try it with another access point, do
so, as yet another test to try.

Check that any disconnectable antennas are connected well.  And,
generally speaking, their antennas should be vertical.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.