All-in-one laser printer recommendation

Fred Erickson fredferickson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 19:55:00 UTC 2014

On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 16:20:26 +0000
Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2014-03-15 at 11:48 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > > Anyone have one of these beasties, or have an alternative to
> > recommend?
> >
> > HP doesn't advertise it, but pretty much all the HP all-in-one
> > devices have good linux support (though I'm not sure if HP makes
> > any laser all-in-one boxes, they may all be inkjet).
>
> Yes, I know about HP support. I don't know of any laser all-in-ones
> though.
>
> poc

I have the HP Laser Jet Pro CM1415fnw Color MFP. This machine works
fine for me for home/small office use but would not be suitable for an
office where several people would use it. The paper tray only holds
about a 1/2in or so of paper and it prints rather slowly.

I hardly ever use color and the machine will print black with
the color cartridges empty. I use it wirelessly and haven't gotten the
scan function to work from my computers - currently F19 (but haven't
tried very hard since I only have tried to scan and copy at the
printer)