All-in-one laser printer recommendation

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 10:05:46 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-15 at 11:55 -0800, Fred Erickson wrote:
> I have the HP Laser Jet Pro CM1415fnw Color MFP. This machine works
> fine for me for home/small office use but would not be suitable for an
> office where several people would use it. The paper tray only holds
> about a 1/2in or so of paper and it prints rather slowly.
>
> I hardly ever use color and the machine will print black with
> the color cartridges empty. I use it wirelessly and haven't gotten the
> scan function to work from my computers - currently F19 (but haven't
> tried very hard since I only have tried to scan and copy at the
> printer)

HP Linux support is usually pretty good and I've used the scan function
on a Photosmart printer before now, so it's probably not a big deal to
configure. However the CM1415 is outside the price range I'm budgeting
for and I don't care about colour (I understand about the cartridges but
it still puts a premium on the upfront cost).

poc