All-in-one laser printer recommendation

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Mar 16 12:28:27 UTC 2014

Paul Cartwright wrote:

>  I only have a Samsung CLP-315W color laser printer, but the Samsung
> Smartpanel, and the Samsung Unified driver both installed & worked
> perfectly with fedora 20.. I just moved from Debian, so I wasn't even
> sure it would work. I am so happy!!
> I would totally recommend a Samsung color laser printer in place of an
> inkjet.. you will NOT be sorry!

I have a Samsung CLP-325W, which is working fine
under Fedora-20 and Centos-6.5 (and Windows),
but I found it extraordinarily difficult to set up under Linux.

In my experience Samsung hardware is always superb,
but any software supplied by Samsung either doesn't work as advertised
or else the setup is unintelligible.
(This is based on experience with this printer, 2 smart TVs
and a smart phone from Samsung.)

As a matter of interest, did you get your Samsung drivers
from Samsung or from <http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/>?
Are there RPM files somewhere?

I think <http://openprinting.org/printer/Samsung/Samsung-CLP-325w>
was the most useful site I found.