Help debugging / correcting wireless speed issue

CS DBA cs_dba at consistentstate.com
Sun Mar 16 22:41:35 UTC 2014

Hi All;

I'm switching from Mac back to Fedora, my new Fedora laptop is a Lenovo
W540 with this card:

Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260AC

I posted about issues earlier, which I've been able to resolve via a
clean install. The wireless and wired connections connect immediately
and behave as they should.

However, the Fedora laptop connected to my local access point shows a
download speed of 1.63Mbps, while the mac, running the same test from
the same site (http://speedtest.comcast.net) shows a download speed of
26.89Mbps

Both laptops are sitting on the same desk, same distance from the access
point

I don't expect exact matching speeds but this is a dramatic
difference... can anyone help me debug / correct this?

Thanks in advance