can't boot F19 system

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Mar 17 19:11:22 UTC 2014

On Mar 17, 2014, at 10:47 AM, pgaltieri . <pgaltieri at gmail.com> wrote:

> This didn't work.  I still get the access denied error.  The /boot/efi/EFI/fedora directory contains a file
>
> gcdx64.efi
>
> and
>
> grubx64.efi
>
> They are both the same size.  The first is dated July 2 2013 the other is dated today.  I tried renaming grubx64.efi to gcdx64.efi but it also failed.

I think I understand what's going on. The grub2-install command added a new NVRAM entry pointing to grubx64.efi. While you now have the correctly signed grubx64.efi file, the NVRAM entry pointing to it is incorrect, because grubx64.efi is signed with the Fedora key which isn't present in your firmware (normal). The NVRAM entry should either be deleted, or replaced to point to shim.efi which is signed with a Microsoft key, which is in your firmware. Either way then shim.efi will properly execute grubx64.efi.

From the rescue environment (not chrooted), what do you get for

efibootmgr -v

cat /mnt/sysimage/var/log/anaconda/anaconda.program.log | grep efibootmgr

Chris Murphy