Can I scale ONLY my primary monitor?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Mar 17 21:07:46 UTC 2014

On 03/18/14 04:01, CS_DBA wrote:
> I have a shiny new 1920x1080 screen on a laptop running Fedora 20.
>
> I've gone into system settings (KDE) "system settings --> application appearance --> Fonts" and set the "Force fonts DPI to 115 which I sortof like on my laptop display but not so thrilled with it on the external display(s) I use
>
> Is there a way to scale ONLY the laptop / primary display?

I don't believe so.  Sorry.

Even though you have 2 physical displays they are treated as one.  If you were to start a terminal session in each you would still see....

[egreshko at meimei ~]$ echo $DISPLAY
:0

on both sessions.

You can have separate displays if you do some configuration in an xorg.conf (may be hardware dependent) or if you have 2 video cards.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts