Help debugging / correcting wireless speed issue

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Mar 17 23:10:32 UTC 2014

On 03/18/14 06:25, CS_DBA wrote:
> 03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev 83)

Is what you have....  If you do an lsmod you should see iwlwifi as loaded.

A quick google about this seems to indicate that others, even on Ubuntu, hare having similar issues....at least in the second half of 2013.

Name        : iwl7260-firmware
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 22.15.8.0
Release     : 35.fc20
Size        : 1.4 M
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : updates
Summary     : Firmware for Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 7260 Series Adapters
URL         : http://www.kernel.org/
License     : Redistributable, no modification permitted
Description : This package contains the firmware required by the iwlagn driver
            : for Linux.  Usage of the firmware is subject to the terms and
            : conditions contained inside the provided LICENSE file. Please read
            : it carefully.

Is apparently the most recent one available from Intel....  http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034398.htm

It may be worthwhile to pick up a USB wifi dongle.  I recall my buffalo being rather inexpensive.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts