Help debugging / correcting wireless speed issue

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Mar 17 23:27:03 UTC 2014

On 03/18/14 07:20, CS_DBA wrote:
> If I get a USB wifi dongle how do I go about telling my system to NOT use the built in 7260 and use the dongle instead?

Usually you can disable the on-board wireless of a laptop in either the BIOS or a physical switch on the laptop.

> Also any advice per usb dongle wifi compatibility?

Google would be your friend in that regard....  One link would be http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Devices/USB

As I mentioned earlier, best to buy products that are not newly released as linux support often lags.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts