fc20 wireless networking problem

Luke Nath lukenath at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 03:13:14 UTC 2014

Upgraded from fc18 to fc20 using fedup.

Most went well. I had to restart the process because of a transient
disk issue (Drive went to sleep).
After that all was done and I rebooted. It booted into the fedup kernel
to finish and complete the update.
After that I rebooted into the fc20 kernel.

Found that wpa_supplicant is no longer able to pair with the
wifi router. I am getting error:

wls01: Association request to the driver failed

The options to wpa_supplicant are (among other things):
-iwls01 -Dwext -B -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf ....etc

Would the networking gurus on this list please help me analyze
this problem? Let me know what other info you need?

Thanx