poweroff command reboots?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Mar 21 21:34:49 UTC 2014

On 03/21/2014 01:07 PM, Aero Maxx wrote:

> Pressing the power button on the front of my cause also makes the system
> reboot and not shutdown as expected.

It's possible that the issue is hardware, not software.  I know that
there are systems where you have to hold the power button down for
several seconds to prevent the system from going down because something
bumped into the power button; is yours one of them?  If you have the
Magic SysRq key enabled, there's a command included to shut down the
system.  On a QWERTY keyboard, it's o.