poweroff command reboots?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 21:42:35 UTC 2014

On 21 March 2014 20:07, Aero Maxx <aero.maxx.d at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have an issue where the poweroff command reboots my system.
>
> Using /sbin/shutdown -h also reboot the system.
>
> I am unsure whats causing this or how to go about finding the cause, I am
> not sure if its something I have done when I installed fedora or not.
>
> Pressing the power button on the front of my cause also makes the system
> reboot and not shutdown as expected.

Has it always done this or is it a new problem?

In the past, on other Linuxes, I've found that a firmware update can
help with this - as does running the latest available kernel. ACPI is
usually responsible & it's a compatibility minefield for non-Windows
OSes.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven