NetworkManager - have to reboot to change connections

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Mar 21 23:43:47 UTC 2014

On 03/22/14 07:39, CS_DBA wrote:

> On 03/21/2014 05:33 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 03/22/14 06:07, CS_DBA wrote:
>>> I can plug a hard wire into my laptop and boot up, it comes up connected.
>>>
>>> I can boot up with no connection and then tell it to connect to the wireless it works fine, but if later I click disconnect for the wireless and plug the hard wire (cat 6) cable in it says it's "connecting"  but spins until I finally reboot.
>> Have you tried unplugging the cable, waiting a bit, and plugging it in again?
>>
> Seems to work fine, but when I try and move from wireless to em1 "on the fly" I see the issue

I don't quite understand....  Are you saying.....

You boot up with no connection and then tell it to connect to the wireless it works fine.  You then disconnect from wireless, plug in the cable, status becomes "connecting" but never connects.  Then, you uplug the cable, wait a bit, plug it back in....and all is well.

Is that what you are doing/seeing?  You don't need to reboot...but you do need to plug-in, plug-out, plug-in?

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts