Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?")

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 00:18:22 UTC 2014

On 21 March 2014 23:25, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> Ahh, so when hyperbole simply isn't going far enough we actually have to descend into the obviously ridiculous, as in, worthy of ridicule. My house plant can do a Fedora install with this installer. That you keep failing to get any kind of successful installation is a bit amusing. Maybe you need more water?

Firstly, your mocking hectoring tone is very unhelpful, annoying and
is not a productive way to engage.

Secondly, I can confirm this finding. I was completely unable to
install F20 using the current installer program. My system has 2
drives - a 1TB HD and a 120GB SSD. The SSD holds Ubuntu and Win7; the
1TB drive holds /home, swap, a dedicated Windows swap partition, a
Windows data drive, and 2 spare unused root partitions for test
distros.

This is /not/ a very complex layout - there is no RAID, no LVM, no
GPT, nothing hairy or difficult.

The F20 installer was completely unable to understand it and allow me
to install a complete system. Assigned some 250GiB of space, it said
that it needed 6.5GB and there wasn't enough room.

In trying to install, it erased one of the spare-root partitions and
was unable to recreate it in the available empty space.

It *is* broken and it *is* unusable. "Well it works for me" is *not*
an adequate reply.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven