poweroff command reboots?

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 09:03:39 UTC 2014

On 21/03/2014 21:34, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 03/21/2014 01:07 PM, Aero Maxx wrote:
>>

>> Pressing the power button on the front of my cause also makes the system
>> reboot and not shutdown as expected.
>
> It's possible that the issue is hardware, not software.  I know that
> there are systems where you have to hold the power button down for
> several seconds to prevent the system from going down because
> something bumped into the power button; is yours one of them?  If you
> have the Magic SysRq key enabled, there's a command included to shut
> down the system.  On a QWERTY keyboard, it's o.
If I push and hold the power button it just cuts the power after a few
seconds, and doesn't shutdown gracefully.

This is what I end up having to do as I don't use a keyboard, mouse or
monitor on the machine, so I press the button once wait for it to
shutdown then when it comes back on I press and hold the power button so
it cuts the power whilst its still doing the bios stuff.

Thanks
Daniel.