Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?")

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:55:28 UTC 2014

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 16:40:36 +0000
Liam Proven wrote:

> Meantime, for further Fedora eval, it's going in a VirtualBox. Sad,
> but that's all it seems able to handle.

Actually, that's the key to installing on disk in a sensibly
created partition layout: Install in a virtual machine 1st,
then copy the VM disk image to a real disk and fiddle with
the grub config and fstab. I install that way all the time
now since the new installer appeared, and find it actually
make things lots more convenient since I don't have to have
the machine down while I'm doing the install.