Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?")

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Sat Mar 22 17:44:59 UTC 2014

Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> writes:

> to say, designed for "Windows refugees."  Fedora, OTOH, is a much more
> geeky distro designed as a test bed for new ideas, programs and
> technologies that's not for people who don't like to tinker with
> things or who aren't willing to accept that not everything in their
> distro is really ready for prime time.

Hm, what do you really need to tinker with in Fedora (when you let gnome
aside which I find now even more unusable than it used to be, and when
you don`t mention the installer (with which you can`t tinker anyway))?
It`s just working fine (if you get it installed).

And people who don`t want to tinker might just tell the installer to do
whatever it wants, and that probably works, too: Lots of people care
about their existing data by pretending that it doesn`t exist and/or not
knowing that it does or where it does exist, and if in doubt, they`ll
say it`s not worth keeping anyway.

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)