Targus Bluetooth 4.0 Micro USB Adapter not working on Fedora 20

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sat Mar 22 23:30:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am not very familiar with bluetooth adapters, but you may want to
play with or search for bluetoothctl (as root) assuming that you have
bluez installed.

HTH!

Many thanks,
Ranjan

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 17:58:15 -0500 Steven Ulrick <meow8282 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, Everyone
> "Targus Bluetooth 4.0 Dual-Mode Micro USB Adapter" is not working on
> Fedora 20.  "lsusb | grep -i bluetooth" show the following:
>
> [root at afolkey2 Downloads]# lsusb | grep -i bluetooth
> Bus 008 Device 002: ID 0a5c:21e8 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0
>

> I am attempting to pair a Phillips bluetooth headphone and the
> headphones are never detected.  But, as shown above, the Bluetooth
> adapter is correctly detected.
>
> The kernel I am running is "3.13.6-200.fc20.x86_64" and the version of
> bluez is 5.16-1.fc20.x86_64
>
> If you need any more information, feel free to let me know.
>
> Steven P. Ulrick
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.