Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?")

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 16:19:40 UTC 2014

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 16:35:20 +0100
lee wrote:

> > One of the weaknesses of Fedora, in my view,
> > is the apparent lack of interest in what users actually want or need.
>
> +1

The distro that actually seems to care (at the moment) about
users is Linux Mint (though I have no doubt that, like
all open source projects, it will eventually be taken over
by a cadre of "helpful" zealots who will yank the steering
wheel in different direction because stupid users
don't realize what they actually need :-).

I use Fedora primarily because it is the best distro
to use as an early warning system to find out what
nonsense will land in RHEL in the future, and at work
we need our software to run on RHEL, so Fedora is sort
of like the Canary in the coal mine.