RE: Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I,?“Why?”)

Powell, Michael Michael_Powell at mentor.com
Sun Mar 23 19:49:35 UTC 2014

> Then they need to turn around at once!  Leaving users in the dark about
> what`s going on makes things more difficult for them.  Taking away choices
> limits the use of the software to the point where it eventually becomes
> unusable.
>
> Good design, clarity, good documentation and letting the user know what
> choices there are are required when you want to achieve ease of use.

I don't think the installer is as bad as most people on this list are complaining about; it's certainly not leaving any users in the dark. A large majority of the information from the older installer is still there, it's just up to the user to seek it out.

In essence the installer went from a hardcore presentational format to a more laid back format - a shift every OS has consciously made in the last decade.