Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?")

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Mar 24 02:34:55 UTC 2014

Bill Oliver <vendor at billoblog.com> writes:

> On Sun, 23 Mar 2014, lee wrote:
>
>>[snip]
>> If she had known that she didn`t need to throw in this or that, wouldn`t
>> that be easier for everyone?
>>

> Not necessarily.  Sometimes neither that absent-minded aunt nor the
> avaricious nephew know what is most pleasing until it's taken out and
> played with.

That can be an important thing to do.  It requires listening to the
users and informing and preparing them beforehand, and you have to have
something available to fall back to, or a fix, in case the new toy
doesn`t work out.  If you leave them suddenly stranded like Debian did,
they will leave you behind.

> Much of what we consider very important today was considered stupid
> when it first came out.

Like?

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)