Is it irrelevant what users of FOSS think? (Re: Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?"))

EGO.II-1 eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 08:56:16 UTC 2014

On 03/23/2014 07:12 PM, lee wrote:
> Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> writes:
>
>> On 03/23/2014 12:34 PM, lee wrote:
>>> I`m somewhat surprised that the feeling of apparent desinterest of the
>>> makers of Fedora in what its users think seems kinda widespread under
>>> its users.  Perhaps it`s a wrong impression; if not, it may be something
>>> for Fedora.next to address.
>> Well, Fedora is Gnome-centric, and many of us get the same impression
>> about the Gnome devs.
> Well, I don`t use gnome, though I understand what you mean.  Still when
> makers of software X appear desinterested, that doesn`t mean that makers
> of software Y need to or should appear the same way.
>
> Besides, Fedora.next shouldn`t be limited to gnome ...

I would just like to say - That I use the current version of Gnome ,and
coming from a strictly Windows shop at work? I like it. I have tried
XFCE, Cinnamon, Enlightenment, IceWM, MATE, KDE, LXDE, FluxBox, and a
few others, and for ME? Gnome is fine. I don't have problems with it or
issue. I'm not running the latest & greatest in regards to hardware, I'm
"middle-of-the-road" and everything works. I for one hope they never
stop the work on Gnome, because it suits me just fine...

EGO II