Is it irrelevant what users of FOSS think? (Re: Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?"))

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 24 12:58:20 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 23 March 2014, lee sent:
> I`m somewhat surprised that the feeling of apparent desinterest of the
> makers of Fedora in what its users think seems kinda widespread under
> its users.  Perhaps it`s a wrong impression; if not, it may be
> something for Fedora.next to address.
>
> Many users probably don`t care as long as Fedora works for them ---
> and when it doesn`t anymore, they just pick something else?

I reckon it's the case for most OSs that /most/ users don't really care
much about what they're using, nor how it works.  The large number of
clueless people using computers would seem to be evidence of that.  It's
a lesser number of people that have concerns about their OS.  Maybe
that's why developers are less concerned about public opinions.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.