Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?")

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 14:36:17 UTC 2014

On 24 March 2014 01:33, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-03-23 at 18:24 +0000, Liam Proven wrote:
>> On 22 March 2014 18:25, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>> > Make sure you file a bugzilla.
>>
>> How/why? It's not a bug.
>
> If it doesn't work as it's supposed to, it's a bug.

An intentional design feature that causes a problem in an unexpected
or unconsidered use-case is not what I'd call a bug, but hey, have it
your own way. :-)

>> > Talking about it on this list will not result in any action.
>>
>> Won't it? Why not? Are there multiple non-overlapping user communities
>> for Fedora, then? A problem is a problem; where it is reported
>> shouldn't matter, should it?
>
> Seriously? Yes, there are multiple partially-overlapping communities.

Yes seriously. I'm new here. I have no idea who does or does not read this.

> Many of the developers don't read this list. Many of the people on this
> list don't read the Test list. If you want to document a bug then use
> Bugzilla.

As I have said, I don't think that I /can/ document it well enough to
be of any use.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven