Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?")

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 24 15:08:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 02:47:18PM +0000, Liam Proven wrote:
> I have to say that you are one of the most hostile, confrontational

I said this before and I'll say it again if I have to (but I hope I don't).
Please, everyone, check out the Code of Conduct. It's linked in the footer
of every post, but here's a reminder:

<https://fedoraproject.org/code-of-conduct>.

Let's all work on elevating the level of discourse without getting into who
is or isn't starting it. On the topic at hand, remember that a lot of people
have put significant work into making the installer interface intuitive,
easy to use, powerful, friendly, and all sorts of other things all at
once. Many of the comments going by seem very dismissive of that, and it's
easy to see how that escalates into hot tempers.

It's one thing to say "For me, this has missed the mark in this way", and
another to call all the work terrible or to make statements which imply
actual antagonism. I don't mean that it's perfect (it's not), or that the
developers are perfect (they're human!), or that the frustrations aren't
real -- just please be aware how that might feel to people on the other side
of the equation.

Please, everyone, assume good faith on the part of the other. Software
developers have the best intentions in making changes, and frustrated users
are just frustrated.