my stupid users trick -- the Firefox issue from earlier this month.wq

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 25 01:33:48 UTC 2014

On 03/25/14 03:45, Bill Oliver wrote:
<<>>

> It happened after doing one of those "you have 1 billion upgrades
> waiting, continue?" things that I get every now and then.  I'll
 > admit I tend to just hit "yes" rather than carefully look at all
 > zillion of the files that is in yum updates.
>
> And, yeah, I have about a billion addons, too.  And they haven't
> always played well together in the past.  In particular some of
 > the security addons futz with the addons that run a lot of scripts.
 > And, oddly, it makes a difference in which *order* the addons are
 > added.

well now. that narrows things down a bit. lhid.

> I was kinda hoping to avoid testing each of my addons for being a
> bad actor.

now you are about to understand the word perseverance. :-)

me thinks you exaggerate a wee bit on the numbers.

because no other users profess to having problems such as yours,
i tend to lean to either a bad configuration, conflict of add-ons,
or a bad add-on.

if you want to stay with all the add-ons you have, be content to
use <ctrl+q> to shut down firefox. options and procedures are as
in previous post.

ie, for a quick and easy check, disable add-ons and restart
firefox. or, set up a new user to see what happens.

choice is yours to make. i, nor anyone else can make it for you.

sink, swim, or just tread water.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.