Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?")

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Mar 24 19:19:52 UTC 2014

Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> writes:

> On Mar 24, 2014, at 6:45 AM, lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>>
>> /usr belongs on it`s own partition.
>
> As if no one has ever said that before, and as if it convinced even one thinking person to change their mind.

Thinking persons do not need to change their minds about it because they
realise that being able to have /usr on it`s own partition is a good
thing.

> Fedora has never defaulted to separate /usr partition. It's been two
> years since this was decided. That you're still experiencing cognitive
> dissonance over this ancient long ago resolve topic is your problem,
> not anyone else's.

I am not experiencing cognitive dissonance, and it`s not my fault when
Fedora made a retarded decision before I even started using it.  This
discussion is about Fedora.next, and it might be possible to fix the
problem in some future version of Fedora.

>> And last time I looked, it would
>> not be compliant with the FHS not to have what is needed in /bin and
>> /sbin but to use symlinks instead.
>
> bin lib lib64 are symlinks to their locations in /usr.

And that is supposed to be a good thing?

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)