user and groups permissions

Rafnews raf.news at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:35:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

i'm trying to figure out what is the best approach for files and folders
permissions in case of a shared webserver.

we are 2-3 developers and we have a server on which we installed Fedora
20 as web server for our development testing purpose.

all websites should be stored in /var/www/html/ directory

now let's say we are 2 devs called: "alain" and "francois" (those are
our fedora user accounts.

/var/www/html/ owner is root:root

now what should we do to allow each dev to use FTP and created/delete/
modify files and folders to create website structure ?

should we create a group like and add into it devs ?

thx.

A.