my stupid users trick -- the Firefox issue from earlier this month.wq

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 25 16:00:33 UTC 2014

On 03/25/14 18:52, Ahmad Samir wrote:
  On 25 March 2014 13:08, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
<<<>>>

>> thinking about that, a new profile is just about as easy a check
>> to make as disabling add-ons.
>
> It could be a pref in the profile not just an extension causing the
> problem. Or maybe a corrupt *.sqlite database. Or a huge/corrupt
> sessionrestore.js file... etc.

which is another point for creating a new user.

>> which is quicker?
>>
>>   closing firefox, renaming profile directory, starting firefox.
>
> As far as I can see, that wouldn't work, just renaming the profile
> directory would prevent Firefox from starting at all, it'll give you
> an error about not being able to load the profile; you'd have to
> rename it then create a new empty dir with the same name for Firefox
> to start.

maybe in your experiences, but mine has been just to rename users's
".mozilla" directory and when firefox was called, firefox created a
new ".mozilla" directory.

btw, you will not hurt my feelings, and i doubt any of followers of
this list if you would cut the 'dead wood' when you reply.

thank you.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.