Re: Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I,?“Why?”)

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Mar 28 16:54:08 UTC 2014

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 03/26/2014 01:32 AM, Robin Laing wrote:
>>>
>>> I`m not an expert with Fedoras installers in any way.  This is simply my
>>> "user experience".  Maybe the "user experience" the installer provides
>>> should be different.
>>>

>> It is hidden. I do use it.
>>
>>   If you were trying the live disk, then I believe that the manual
>> partitioning isn't there.  I was told on this list to use the full
>> DVD.  Yes, I use DVD as an install medium.  There is a reason.
> I came from Debian recently with Fedora 20. I was told to use the net
> install ISO, I did. I have windows and another linux distro installed
> and used manual partitioning without a problem. I have 2 drives and used
> my existing /home on drive A and installed Fedora on drive B. works fine.

I can only say that I am in awe of your ability to do this using the installer.
After many attempts to get this working, I have taken to install with a dummy
user, then edit fstab to get the /home mount, then mounting, then adding the
user(s) with the UID they need to have and using the existing home directory for
each.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>